Sunday, August 24, 2008

I made BLT's last night, my neighbor left bunch of tomatoes on the hood of my car yesterday morning. I LOVE fresh garden tomatoes. She is an elderly widow woman and still plants about a dozen tomato plants every year, which gives her children, grandchildren and me fresh tomatoes.
Tonight is chicken caccitore, Jim asked for it, so that's what I'll do. Made Gooey Peanut Butter cake last night, ohhh it's sooo good. Rich though, only need a tiny piece.

We are into NASCAR for those of you who don't that. Normally we go to the September race in Louden, NH but not this year, that' a story I won't get into. Last night's race in Bristol,TN was fun to watch, especially the end. Our driver won--Carl Edwards, I just love watching him do back flip off the car door when he wins a race. Louden is the closest NASCAR track to us. But the fun tracks are all in the south. Jim loves Talledeaga super speedway, Darlington is a great short track and someday I want to go to Bristol and Martinsville.

I did get to the library yesterday. Filled out my application for a new card and took out 1 book, they won't let you take out more than 1 at a time till they do a check on you--takes about a week. Then you can have up to 75 of them out at once. It was weird being there-- our library is being remodeled with new additions and all, so it is in a temporary location that was the YMCA at one time (when I was a young teenager).

Have fun everyone.

2 comments:

Sue said...

HI Karen,
Tonight I made a pineapple upside down cake - Scott's favorite, for his birthday tomorrow. Roast beef in the crock pot tomorrow night - with carrots of course - can't have crock pot roast beef without carrots. Just ask Scott. :)
I'm enjoying reading about all your recipes - might try a few one of these days.
Blessings my friend, to you and to Jim. Sorry that you can't make it to the Nascar race.
Hugs,
Sue

Elisha said...

I made swiss steak in my crock pot yesterday and today i am making applesauce in the crock pot.

Going to make the goulash one day this coming weekend.