It was a busy week at work and people are NOT nice, sometimes I just want to say to them "How could you let a doctor order tests for you when you don't even know their name?" or "The schedule is full and it's not my fault you waited till just before you go back to the doctor to have these tests that he ordered 6 months ago" or "I don't want to hear your story about how got sick and all your symptoms, there are 6 other calls waiting and I don't have time, let's just schedule your tests" But I can't, we have to answer the phone with a smile on our face and in our voice. Anyways I have the weekend to relax and not answer the phone at all.
I've been baking again--yesterday I did a Ooey Gooey Pumpkin Butter Cake, and YUMMMMM
then last night I did the white chocolate bark again. I also went across the street to the neighbors to see if Gail would be interested in going to a cooking class with me and have a piece of her apple cake. Boy was that good. Gail and I are going to class to learn how to make Sauces (Bolognese, Pomodoro, Vodka Cream Sauce, White and Red Clam, and Carbonara Sauce) and then another class on Chocolate (Chocolate covered Strawberries, Pecan Chocolate Fudge, and Truffles) There is a store near here that sells restaurant equipment and they offer cooking classes most of the year (they take June - Sept. off) They have chefs from area restaurants and the local culinary school come in and teach. The classes are small-about 6-8 people depending on what's being taught and they cost between $35.00 and 65.00 with most falling in at $50.00. It's a lot of fun, my sister and I went to one last year to learn how to make pastry for eclairs and cream puffs. There was one this month on knife skills but I didn't have the money for it, I would have liked to have gone to that one. They also give you a 20% off coupon for anything in the store. I got one of those magnetic knife holders for the wall. I'd been looking for one and couldn't find one and they had them. It was cheap too....they have everything there--utensils, pots pans, dishes, appliances large and small. We cook in a professional kitchen setting.
Not too much else going on here.
My friends are on my mind a lot. I have one that is now caring for her 3 yr. old grandson full time while daddy is deployed and mom is in school. Another who is deciding what to do about her husband is cheating but the kids just adore him, and one who has her daughter and grandchildren living with her. As moms and grandmoms we would do anything for our kids and grandkids, it's just a tough adjustment to having little children in your home full time when it's been so long since that has happened. My prayers are with them all.

1 comment:
I wish we had somewhere close that held classes like you talked about. we have one thing thats once a year in the school auditorium. You just sit and watch from your seats. I can get the same thing from watching the foodnetwork on my couch.
I have actually thought about going to cooking school in a year or so. I am finishing up my Masters degree in business right now and really need a break but think it would be fun to go to cooking school.
I love to cook, and to be creative when i am cooking. Think it would be fun to have a professional show me tricks of the trade.
You pumpkin gooey butter cake sounds great!
Post a Comment