Thursday, October 25, 2007

Jim's brother and sister are avid baseball fans....NY Yankees. We don't follow baseball as a rule unless the Yankees are playing the Boston Red Sox, then we do it so we can tease them. While we were in Boston a couple weeks ago both teams were still in the playoffs to see if they would make it to the World Series. Jim saw a cute little teddy bear in a Red Sox uniform at Quincy Market, so he picked it up. The other day when we found out Boston was in the series and of we all knew the Yankees hadn't made it, we shipped the bear wrapped in a paper that said "How 'bout them Red Sox?!!" in big RED letters to his sister in Florida. His mom and brother are there visiting right now. We got a call today--she was laughing, couldn't believe he had done that. Should have seen the guy at the post office when I overnighted that box to her and he found out what was in there. It was a good laugh.
Halloween is almost here, I love the little kids when they come to the door. But we get so many....this year they are getting little bags of pretzels. Cheaper by far and better for them. I average 8-10 lbs of candy and still run out. The outlying towns bring their kids by the car full and drop them here in the village because the houses are closer together and the streets are lit.
Fall has finally arrived here...been cool days and cold nights, rainy too. Winter isn't far behind and though I'm not a fan of snow, it's better than hurricane season or the fires in California every year.
My prayers go out to all those affected now by the fires burning in California. I just can't imagine being in that position. A house fire is bad enough but to lose entire neighborhoods.......
Have a great weekend everyone.

No comments: