Fall is coming to upstate NY, the leaves are turning, but the weather is AWESOME....it was almost 80 here today. The apples are fresh and plentiful. I just love a fresh Macintosh.
Military Moms -- I'm not one anymore but they occupy my thoughts every day. We as moms didn't sign up for this but when our children do, we are "drafted". It's like a roller coaster ride, all the ups and downs. So PROUD of them but at the same time you want them little again so you can control where they are and what's happening. I met an awesome young man this past weekend, he's headed for Iraq soon, has some training to do and then he's gone. He's excited and scared at same time. His dad, was saying "yup he was safe on a ship in Norfolk,Va. and VOLUNTEERED to go." What do you say to him? As a former military parent I can relate, you want them safe, but even here in the states they aren't, not even at home....they could be in a car accident, or something, but it's the fact of war that brings those thoughts to the front. I have friends whose kids are veterans now like my Rob, friends whose kids are headed there, friends who have kids coming home now, and of course friends who can't relate cause they haven't been in my shoes. My prayers are with each and everyone every day. I got a great email today on the military moms website. A young woman who has no one in the military and wants to help sending care packages because as she said "They are the reason I can live here and say what I want without fear of being beheaded or tortured." What a wonderful person she is. I will accept her help because even in this day and age there are many over there who don't get mail or don't get packages. Some because their families can't afford it, some because their families don't care, there are many reasons, but they shouldn't be forgotten. They need to know they are there for a reason and that someone cares.
Columbus Day weekend...my Christmas shopping weekend......I try and get most of it done this weekend, not sure that's gonna happen this year. I don't have a list put together and we aren't going to the outlets in Maine. I want to go to MA and see the granddaughter, Jim wants to hit the outlets in Lee--maybe we can do both. But first I have to get through tomorrow.
Work is so frustrating these days. A new computer system, being built from almost scratch. The basics were there, but we need to customize it for our work. Schedules need to be built, insurance needs to work, registration has to make sense and capture the important information. Everytime we think we have some part of it done, something else comes up and we need to tweak it some more. March 1st will be here before we know it and this has to 'go live' then. Training everyone, another nightmare. I'm pretty pleased they picked me to be on this project, but at the same time, I think I'm in over my head at times. We'll get it done. I have faith.

No comments:
Post a Comment