Sunday, December 7, 2008

It was a busy week, work and Jim was sick with a stomach bug, then early Saturday morning his brother was admitted to the hospital. John is home now and feeling better--it's not his heart, Thank the Lord, but his shoulder. Jim is also better.
Monday evening we had a surprise 60th birthday party for a friend of ours--that was a lot of fun. I think "Big Ole Hank" was surprised.

Yesterday Gail (from across the street) and I went to a cooking class-her first. We learned how to make Bolognese sauce, Pomodora (tomato sauce), Carbonara, Vodka sauce, and clam sauce (YUK) They were all so simple and easy. There were 12 of us in class and 4 were men. We had a lot of fun. I bought a new saute pan after class, one that wasn't non stick. I could spend a lot of money in that store.

Today is baking day again--coffee cake for Jim and his work buddy in the mornings. Think I'm gonna start some candies too. My grammies cream fills. I didn't do them last year but have the ingredients to do a couple small batches. I'm off tomorrow so make do some cookies too. Can't do the fudge till the week before Christmas cause I don't like to freeze it.

On Thursday we are going to the Vince Gill/Amy Grant Christmas show at the Times Union Center in Albany. My mother in law bought the tickets as part of our Christmas gift. Jim's aunt and cousin are going too. Then next Saturday is the Christmas party for the county.

Somewhere in all this I have to find my desk again--it's become the catch all.

Have a great week all.
HUGS

No comments: